Parshuram Jayanti Mantra
Om Brahmashtraya Vidmahe Khatriantaya Deemahi Tanno Prashuram Prachodayatॐ ब्रह्मक्षत्राय विद्महे क्षत्रियान्ताय धीमहि तन्नो परशुराम: प्रचोदयात्॥
Chant the mantra 108 times facing east or north east.
The benefits include defeat of enemies, courage to overcome obstacles in life and it helps in defeating all kinds of fears in life.
Importance Of Parshuram Jayanti
He was born as the son of Sage Jamadagni and Renuka on the third day during the waxing phase of moon in Vaisakha month (April – May).
Exploits of Lord Parashurama are mentioned in Mahabharat, Ramayana and the Puranas. It is said that he killed 21 generations of Kshatriyas – the ruling class.
Symbolically, Parashuram represents that stage in human evolution when human beings were forest dwellers.
There is also a popular legend that the state of Kerala was formed when Parashuram threw his axe into the sea.
Interestingly, this sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu was a devotee of Mother Goddess Devi. He learned Srividya Tantra from Dattatreya.
What to do on Parshuram Jayanti?
Those couples desiring to have healthy and intelligent children observe a fast on the day and chant the Parasurama Mantra.
As per Varaha Purana, those who observe pujas and prayers will be blessed with Brahma Lok after death and they will be reborn on earth as rulers.
Parshuram Jayanti Puja
- The puja is to be performed east or northeast after taking bath in the evening during pradosh period (1.5 hours before sunset).
- Wear red color clothes.
- Light lamp using red color oil.
- Dhoop should be of tagar flower or any agarbatti
- Offer leaves of Ashoka
- Offer roli
- Bhog or prasad should be jaggery roti
- Chant the above given mantra 108 times. Keep count on a red chandan mala.
Offerings On Parshuram Jayanti
- Lal Gunja (लाल गुंजा) is offered to Parashuram to overcome financial problems
- To overcome problems related to property offer Anjeer to Parashuram
- Write Parshuram mantra in a bhoja patra and offer for the defeat of enemies.
You may also like to read