Adi Shankaracharya, who brought out Sanatana Dharma, from the clutches of rituals, is also considered as an incarnation of Lord Shiva by many people. It was Shankaracharya who had revived the teachings of Upanishads.
The day is observed by many temples, Hindu religious institutions and by schools, colleges and universities.
Apart from the mandatory prayer meetings, discussion on the philosophical works are held. Coaching camps on the works of Adi Shankara commence on the day.
Some Teachings of Adi Shankara
- The annihilation of ignorance is salvation.
- The charity at right time is precious.
- Truth is that which helps the living beings.
- One’s own pure mind is the greatest pilgrimage.
- That is knowledge that helps in getting united to the Brahman
You may also like to read